Undergraduate degree (BSN), School of Nursing Sciences at Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic College
Degree name: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Studies duration: 4 years, 160 credits
Nursing School Director: Dr. Pazit Azuri
Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic College School of Nursing Sciences, offers an undergraduate degree - Bachelor of Nursing (BSN).
The Nursing Sciences School curriculum provides medical education and practical training for treating people's lives. The program combines professional knowledge, practical skill and know-how, as well as team management training.
The program prepares the students for the Ministry of Health Licensure Examination granting a registered nurse (RN) certificate.
- The program provides for education contingency toward advanced degrees in nursing and nursing education (MS and DNP in Nursing Sciences)
- The program provides for education contingency and advanced professional courses specializing in various areas of practice e.g. OR, Intensive care, labor and delivery, emergency medicine and so forth
- Only the Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic College offers a management division, preparing students for management roles and providing education, tools and practice for directing multi-professional teams, decision making, patient and family consultation and education
- Theoretical studies are held at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic College luxurious campus
- Clinical practice is carried out at leading medical centers, as of the second year of studies
- Classes take place three times a week in the form of intensive study days
- Scholarships covering 50%, and more, of the tuition.
- High admission threshold providing for an excellent and challenging study environment
Only at Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic College a certified clinical instructor's diploma
Students in their fourth-year of studies are offered a clinical instructor's course, granting a clinical instructor's diploma, certified by the Ministry of Health.
The program includes 160 credits (223 semester hours) divided into four compulsory course clusters, in accordance with Ministry of Health requirements.
Only at Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic College, we offer a unique, fifth course cluster.
1. Basic sciences unit
Includes various subjects in social, behavioral and life sciences
2. Nursing sciences unit
Topics include theory, medical diagnosis, decision making and care
3. Theoretical clinical unit
Includes education in the areas of acute and chronic medicine and nursing
4. Practical clinical unit
Clinical practice in leading medical centers
5. Only at Tel Aviv-Yafo Academic College – a management unit
Provides know-how, tools and training for advanced and management roles in nursing e.g. group management, hospital shift management, clinics management, management of nursing teams and staff, management of nursing and geriatric facilities
For further information, please find the program in detail in the School of Nursing Sciences handbook